Think you’re just about ready to create a winning lead nurturing campaign? Hold your horses!
There are a few things you’ll need to consider before you get started.
Here are the 5 ways to get the most from your lead nurturing campaigns, including the steps you can take to drive revenue forward and convert even the most difficult of leads into paying customers.
1. Understanding Your Customers
Customers go through different stages of the purchasing cycle, so you’ll need to understand these in order to yield the best results from your lead nurturing campaign.
The first step is to deliver content that will be of interest to your audience.
This can be tricky – especially if you have a diverse customer base made up of different ages and interests. Therefore you will need to undertake some demographic research to find out what works best.
- Ask your customers for more information: Find out information about all your customers, including those that yet to make a purchase from your online store. This will help you to build up a profile of your customer base and find out what stage of the buying cycle they are in. Ask yourself why they should be interested in your product or service and create campaigns that are appropriate and relevant to them.
- Make sure your messaging is consistent: Ensure that your communication is similar in nature across all platforms, and that messages from both your marketing and sales departments have a similar voice and branding.
2. Find Out What Motivates Your Customers
In order to move forward, it’s important to look back. By reviewing your past marketing efforts, you’ll be able to find out which campaigns had the biggest impact and contributed the most revenue to your business.
- Evaluate previous campaigns: Find out how your leads have traditionally progressed through the buying cycle in response to the messages that they received from your company. Did your previous marketing campaigns have a good response rate? Are there things that you could do better next time? Review the content that you’ve previously delivered to your audience and find out which messages resonated the most with your customer base.
- Find out what type of information your customers want to receive from you: Simple surveys or market research can help you identify the content that your subscribers want to read, and which messages are likely to end up in the junk folder.
3. Using Automated Communication
If you have a large number of customers, it will be impossible to follow up on every one of these leads on a manual basis.
This is where automated software can provide you with a kick-start. But how you can utilize this software to your advantage?
- Use automated communication from the start: Powerful lead nurturing software can deliver content as soon as a new customer registers on your website. Once information has been provided by the customer and captured in your database, you’ll slowly be able to increase the visibility of your business brand and generate content that will convert leads into sales.
- Initial communication is imperative: And it ensure that your customers remain subscribers for many months to come. Make sure the first messages you send out to new customers show your brand in the best possible way and include all the necessary information that you want your customers to know.
Think of your initial communication as a first date – there will be things you’ll want to convey to the other person within a limited time frame.
For example, you might want to emphasize the qualities that make your brand different from your competitors, or focus on your unique product or service.
4. Create A Unique Customer Experience That Works
Lead nurturing is as much about progressing leads and driving revenue as it is about improving the online customer experience.
There are a number of ways you can improve the way you do things in order to attract the attention of prospective buyers and convert these leads into sales, such as personalizing the content that you deliver to your customers based on information that you already know.
You’ll be able to deliver content that is relevant to the age group, gender, and location of the prospective buyer (based on data that you would have already captured) and can then modify the frequency and type of communication you deliver based on their behavior and engagement.
Research shows that personalized emails can improve conversion rates by 10% and click-through rates to your site by 14%, according to Aberdeen Group.
Keep a written record of the goals you want to achieve – and how you plan to realize them.
Once you have an effective lead nurturing strategy in place, try and identify any problems that you might encounter further down the line and try to rectify these as soon as possible.
A written record of your lead nurturing program will remind you of all steps involved when trying to drive revenue and sales by prospecting leads.
5. Tailor A Lead Nurturing Campaign That Works For Your Business
No two lead nurturing campaigns will be alike, and the steps you take when trying to convert prospective buyers into paying customers will be dependent on the limitations and size of your business.
However, it’s good to cover all bases and have a plan in place that all members of staff can follow in order to achieve the best results.
Select a communication platform that works best for you. For many businesses that lack a significant sales department, email may be the preferred option. However, nurturing leads via phone can also be an effective way to realize your goals.
Timing is everything when it comes to lead nurturing. After all, you will need to strike at the right time in order to convert leads into sales.
Decide on how frequently you will communicate with your customer base, and what you plan to do if you still don’t receive a response even after the sixth, seventh, or eighth exposure.
Will you continue to engage with your customers over time? Will your sales team make follow-up calls after communicating via email? Know what you’re going to do and how frequently you plan on doing it.
The World Revolves Around Your Leads
Today’s lead nurturing campaigns need to speak a language which their audience and target market understand.
Gone are the days when you could throw a dozen of buzz words at your leads and call it a day. Today’s marketing campaigns need to put the lead in the center of events providing a tailor-made approach for each and everyone.