VP of Finance
At Drip, we build marketing automation tools that empower thousands of ecommerce brands to grow and scale their business. Learn more about Drip and how we enable independent brands to connect with their customers every day, and grow beyond their wildest dreams.
Look through our Careers Page to learn more about our 100+ employees located around the world and browse our benefits. Diversity at Drip is more than welcomed. It’s celebrated.
About the opportunity:
As the VP of Finance at Drip, you will report to the CEO and be a member of our Senior Leadership Team guiding the strategic direction of the company. You will also lead, organize, and direct all aspects of the Finance function including FP&A, accounting, tax and legal. You will play a critical role in helping employees understand our strategic direction and financial performance, and you will participate in Board meetings. This is an opportunity to join a collaborative and transparent team, driving the continued growth of Drip.
Think you’re up to the task? Awesome! Here are some more details on the role...
What you will do:
- Be our strategic financial expert offering business insights grounded in data that help us make good decisions.
- Own the company's financial plan, making regular updates and adjustments to the financial model plus communicating key insights to the company, senior leadership team with a focus on SaaS metrics and insights.
- Determine the right benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance.
- Develop and enhance necessary dashboards to track business performance and drive short and long-term business decisions.
- Own financial models and forecasts. Monitor performance metrics on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Advise on employee compensation strategy including equity, and bonus/ commission planning.
- Oversee external firms (accounting/tax/audit) and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the monthly accounting close process.
- Manage vendor relationships and review agreements.
- Serve as point person for all legal matters; liaison with outside counsel as needed.
Who You Are:
- You have 10+ years of progressive experience in finance, ideally at an SMB-focused venture-backed SaaS company.
- You have had senior-level responsibility for accounting, financial planning, and analytics.
- You have strong technical accounting and reporting skills.
- You are an accomplished leader and coach. You can manage and lead an all-star team.
- You can drive business insights, actions, and accountability across departments with a customer service-oriented attitude.
- You collaborate with team leaders to strategize and define team budgets, hiring plans, and other key performance indicators.
- You have a deep understanding of key business drivers and can use this knowledge to drive strategic and operational initiatives.
- You inspire confidence and can garner support for strategic initiatives.
- You are diligent. You have an eye for detail and strive for accuracy and operational excellence.
- You are scrappy, can show your grit, and are willing to roll up your sleeves.
- You can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our wildly talented and in-touch leadership team
- Digital first culture - our crew works remotely. We have a hub in Minneapolis, MN and a European Hub in Aarhus, Denmark for in person collaboration.
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun: step challenges, lego build competitions, plus a slack channel for everything.
- Finally, just good humans...no jerks!
Compensation: $200,000 - $250,000 Annually
In order to create a space of trust with our crew, we publicize quite a bit, including compensation ranges for each of our positions. We select our initial range through national compensation survey data. And then factor in things like tenure, performance, and geographic location to come up with the most accurate numbers. Are you outside the range we’ve provided above? No problem. We encourage you to still apply, and provide us with your compensation expectations when you do. We’re big on open conversations, so, let’s have one.
Working for a successful early-stage tech company (ahem, Drip) is something we consider to be a unique and exciting opportunity. As part of the best team ever (yes, we really feel this way), you’ll work hard and encounter exciting challenges and adventures along the way. In the same vein, our positions come with some pretty amazing advantages, opportunities, and fulfillment. So bring your best self and your strongest oars to the Drip crew boat, and we'll bring great stuff in return.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.
Does all of this sound like you?
Want to join us as we positively impact tens of thousands of passionate users and marketing professionals around the globe? Little ripples make big waves, so grab an oar and row with us.