Senior Software Engineer
You must be located in or able to relocate to Minneapolis, MN for this position.
Drip is the world’s first ecommerce CRM (ECRM) that enables retailers to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. We believe the world needs specialty retail and Drip is the platform that enables competition with the impersonal ecommerce giants. We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product. We have offices in Minneapolis and Greater Salt Lake. City.
Want to positively impact tens of thousands of passionate users and marketing professionals around the globe? Join Drip!
About the Opportunity
As a Senior Software Engineer at Drip, you’ll be part of a small agile product team that is working to solve some of the industry’s most interesting challenges. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally as you solve, design, build, and ship solutions to our customers’ problems within our cloud-native ECRM application. In addition to gaining experience in a rapidly evolving SaaS startup, you’ll also have a tremendous impact on the product: literally shaping and defining this new vertical.
Some of your individual contributions will include:
- Collaborating on small, empowered teams to help discover, understand, and solve market and customer problems
- Tackling interesting and hard problems
Core traits we look for:
- A deep sense of ownership, customer-centricity, and proactiveness
- A bias for action and a tendency to optimize for velocity: both in terms of shipping product and knowing how to invest in our long-term velocity
- A growth mindset; you are constantly seeking to learn and grow and never say “That’s not my job”
- Effective communication skills: you are an approachable expert, you can effectively criticize PRs; you can effectively collaborate across disciplines and the organization
In addition to the above, you:
- Possess a deep knowledge of Rails, Golang, Scala, or another relevant ecosystem and are able to work effectively with both object-oriented and functional languages
- Are a proponent of sound engineering practices, including pair programming and automated testing
- Are energized by solving hard problems
- Know that we are successful if and only if our customers are successful; technology is a means to an end
- Are able to understand complex architectures and design simple ones that scale
Huge plus if you have experience with any of the technologies that we utilize:
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB
- Kinesis, SQS
- Ruby on Rails, Golang, Scala
- Docker, ECS
- CircleCI, CodeDeploy
- Elm, CoffeeScript, Flight
Who We Are:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled
- Please note that residence in or relocation to Minnesota / Utah is our one non-negotiable
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll do the same.
At Drip, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.