This integration has not yet been released. If you are interested in being an early adopter, please fill out this form.
There are two important pieces to the integration:
- The Drip for WooCommerce plugin that is installed in your WooCommerce store.
- The WooCommerce integrations page in Drip where you enter in your WooCommerce store credentials.
Install the Plugin
- Request early access by submitting this form
- If approved, you will receive an email from Drip and we will enable the integration in your account
You will not be able to complete the integration setup inside of Drip until approved by our team.
- Log in to your WordPress account
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Search for Drip for WooCommerce (NOT Drip for WordPress)
- Click Install Now
- Once installed, click Activate plugin
The plugin is now activated and installed in WooCommerce. Next, we'll walk you through how to connect the plugin to your Drip account.
You can connect a single WooCommerce site to a single Drip account.
Generate API Keys in WooCommerce
- Log in to your store’s admin interface
- Go to Woocommerce > Settings > Advanced > REST API
- Click Add Key and follow the instructions to generate a new key. Use this key for Drip only
- Give the key a descriptive name so it’s easy to remember that it’s used by Drip (“e.g. Drip Integration”)
- Set the permissions to Read/Write
- Copy the newly generated consumer key and consumer secret
You will paste these keys on the WooCommerce Integrations page in your Drip account.
Before you enter your API keys in Drip, go to Settings > Permalinks from your store’s admin in WooCommerce and make sure that the Common Settings are not set to “Plain.” This will cause an error when you sync your store.
Enter Your API Keys in Drip
- Log in to your Drip account
- Expand the Connect your store card on your account dashboard
- Select Woocommerce to go to the Integration page
- Enter your store’s URL (e.g. https://woocommerce.my_store.net/)
- Paste the consumer key
- Paste the consumer secret
The integration will start syncing. A success message will appear on the WooCommerce Integrations page in Drip when your store is connected. Once the sync is complete, your customer list, orders, and products will be synced to Drip.
After the initial sync, all new Woocommerce customers are brought over to Drip as Active and unsubscribed to email marketing. WooCommerce does not have a marketing preference option upon checkout, so Drip must assume that they have not opted in to marketing email.
Don’t worry, if you have customers from a previous provider who are subscribed to marketing email, we’ll walk you through how to resubscribe them.
Subscribe customers to marketing email via Bulk Operation with the Subscribe a person action. Keep in mind that if you have existing customers who have opted in or out of your marketing emails, you are required to honor their preference.
Subscribe people who have opted into marketing email:
- Export a CSV file of subscribed people from your previous provider
- Log in to Drip
- Go to People
- Click + Add People
- Under Upload a list of people click Begin
- Upload or drag and drop your CSV file. Once you upload your CSV, you'll see a preview of the first few rows
- The box to Treat the first row in your file as headers is turned ON by default
- The option to Tag these people as “Imported YY-DD-MM at HH-MM-SS” is turned ON by default
- Click Next
- Select Subscribe a person
- Click Next > Perform Operation
- Click Done to exit the page and view the progress of the operation, or click Cancel this Operation to cancel the operation
People will now be subscribed to marketing email in Drip. Locate the subscribed people you just imported in your account under People > Active > Subscribed to marketing email. From there, segment for the “Imported YY-DD-MM at HH-MM-SS” tag that was applied on import.