Create an Email
To design an email with the Visual Builder:
- Create a new Broadcast, Campaign, or Automation Email
- When asked which email builder you'd like to use, select Visual Builder
- Click Continue
- Choose a Starting Point
- After choosing a starting point you'll enter into the builder interface.
Pre-Designed Email Templates
Access our pre-designed email templates in the Visual Email Builder under the Pre-Designed Emails tab when you go to create a new email.
Visual Builder Layout
The Visual Builder includes 3 main sections:
The Header is where brand logos are placed. This area of the layout can be turned off to suit the needs of your email design.
Sections are for the main content of the email. There can be multiple sections within the layout, such as using one section per product and description to display. To add additional sections, click Add Section.
The Footer area is where for your general business information. This includes your postal address, "from" email, and unsubscribe link.
Settings & Default Styles
Settings & Default Styles are the base styles of your email. They determine aspects of the design, such as the width, background, and text and button colors for the email. Set your Default Styles to match the look and feel of your brand for a consistent look between your store and email design.
To edit your Global Styles:
- Click Settings & Default Styles
- Configure your styles
- Click Save Changes
- Background Color
- Email Width (max-width of 600px)
- Show header (on or off)
Text format styles allow you to manage font-family, text-size, and color for the following:
- headings 1-4
- link color and link underline styles
- text size
- text color
- button color
Add Email Content
Edit or add content to a section by hovering your cursor over the part of the email you'd like to edit. When you hover over an individual element, you can move, duplicate, or delete that element.
You can edit the background and columns or add new content to a particular email section.
Click the Edit Background or Edit Layout button to edit a section’s background styles to include an image or set a different background color.
Then, adjust the settings that appear to the left of the Visual Builder.
To insert an additional column to the email, click the + icon where you'd like it to place the new column.
While hovering over a section, click Add Content to add one of the following types of elements to your email:
Upload or drag a new image into your account's image library, or insert a previously uploaded image into the email.
When you upload a new image, consider the following:
- Compatible image formats include JPEG, PNG, and GIF.
- Images exceeding the maximum 1800px width are automatically downsized to fit that spec.
- Images are automatically resized for mobile.
Video files are not supported by the Visual Email Builder
Once you've placed an image in your email, click on it to pull up a few additional settings:
- Source lets you swap the current image for another in its place. Or, you can enter the URL to an external image you might be hosting outside of Drip.
- Link lets you turn the image into a hyperlink. Enter the URL to the web page where you'd like to direct any person that clicks it.
- Add ALT text for your image. ALT text is accessed by screen reader users to provide them with a text equivalent of images.
- Alignment lets you align the image to the right, center, or left inside of the email column it's placed.
- Vertical spacing lets you expand or contract the amount of white space that should be above and below the image.
Once an image is deleted from your image library, Drip cannot retrieve the image. It is recommended to always keep duplicates of your image files in an external storage source.
An Image Collage allows you to place more than one image into a stylized collage. Individual images in the collage will highlight the recommended image size.
Use this component to add text via the WYSIWYG editor to your email section.
External fonts are not currently supported for emails built with the Visual Builder.
Insert a call-to-action (CTA) button element into your email.
When you place a CTA button into your email, you can set the URL where the button should direct the reader once clicked. You can also modify the button's color, alignment, width, and vertical spacing.
Insert a spacer if you’d like to add a space between two elements.
A spacer can run horizontally only. Once a spacer is in place, you can modify its height. Use the slider to the left of the builder. Keep the display line enabled to change its width, stroke, style, and color.
To control how your email is displayed on a mobile device, click Mobile tab. In the Mobile View, you can change the way columns and content are placed.
When the same email is edited in multiple tabs, the autosave feature in the Visual Email Builder will alert you to make sure that changes aren’t accidentally overwritten.
Click Save my changes to overwrite changes you want to keep. Click Refresh this page to reload the page and discard the conflicting changes.
Recommended Specs for the Visual Builder
Consider the following specs before designing an email with the Visual Builder:
Laptop and desktop computers with touchscreens have been reported to get in the way of some design features in this builder. It's recommended to disable touchscreen features on your device.
Recommended browsers for designing with this builder include Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.