Create a Broadcast Split Test to optimize your email engagement and revenue in Drip. Split test up to four subject line or email content variations in the new Broadcast builder. See opens, clicks, and revenue for each variation on the Dashboard to optimize subject lines for future sends.
Create a Broadcast Split Test:
- Go to Broadcast > + Try an improved experience
- Give your email a name
- If you want some guidance on how to create your Broadcast, click Help me get started. Skip this step to build your Broadcast without recommendations.
- Choose your recipients
- Create your email
- Add up to four subject line variations OR
- Add up to four email content variations
You can't do both a subject line AND a content split test.
- Choose a date and time to send your email
- Select a date and subject line to Resend email to people who don’t open it.
People who don’t open it will receive the control email content and the subject line specified here. If no new subject line is given, the resend includes the same subject line as the first Broadcast.
- Click Schedule when you’re ready to send!
Once your email is sent, view split test results on the Broadcast Dashboard.
Split Test Results
View your split test results on the Broadcast Dashboard after your email has been sent.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the "resend to unopened" feature work with broadcast split tests? Does each recipient get the same variation they received initially?
All the recipients of the resend will receive the subject line that was entered in the resend configuration area and the content from the CONTROL email. The resend won’t be split tested at all. The statistics from the resends will show up on the Dashboard for the resend email, not in the split test results.
Can I see/segment for who got which split test variant?
No. You can segment for who received the Broadcast email as a whole, but not for who received which split test iteration. To segment recipients by split test iteration, we recommend using Workflow Split Tests.
Does Drip allow me to test send or preview the variable emails instead of only the control email?
No. Currently, you can only test send or preview the control email.