Connect Your Shopify Store
Connect Your Store to Drip
With Drip you can easily connect your Shopify store in just a few clicks:
- Log in to your Drip account
- Expand Connect your store on your account dashboard
- Select Shopify to go to the Integration page
- Click Add App
- Enter your Shopify store credentials
The integration will start syncing. A success message will appear on the Shopify Integrations page in Drip when your store is connected. Once the sync is complete, your customer list, orders, and products will be synced to Drip.
Understand Customer Status
When you integrate your Shopify store with Drip, some important data you’ve collected through your store automatically gets synced over to your Drip account.
In addition to syncing your Shopify customers, Drip automatically performs the following tasks for you:
Drip creates a new profile for each Shopify customer with an email address that doesn't already exist in your account.
When you integrate your Shopify store, all existing customers will be synced to Drip and your Drip billing will increase based on the number of customers synced.
When a Shopify customer is sent to Drip, their subscription status is set in accordance with their choice to accept marketing. This preference is managed by the customer while entering their contact information during checkout:
- If a Shopify customer’s email address doesn’t exist in Drip, a Drip person will be created. Their status will be set to Active if Shopify has them to set to accept email marketing. If they are not set to accept email marketing, their Drip status will be set to Unsubscribed.
- If an existing person with an email address of email@example.com unsubscribes from your Drip account, the Shopify’s “Accepts Marketing” value for that email address is updated accordingly.
- If firstname.lastname@example.org resubscribes to your Drip account, the Shopify’s “Accepts Marketing” field is updated to reflect that status
Shopify Data in Drip
The more you know about the people shopping at your store, the better you’ll be able to engage with them in a more meaningful way. When you integrate your store, Shopify sends the following datasets to Drip:
Each customer from your Shopify account gets added as a new person on your list. Included with each new person is their first and last name and order history (when that information is available).
Create a more individualized shopping experience to boost customer engagement and drive more sales using Segmentation. With the data you collect from your store, you can find groups of people that have shown the following commonalities in the way they shop:
- Order frequency
- Order infrequency
- Products purchased
- Price range/quantity of products purchased
- Viewed products
With segmentation, you can use that information to better target the right people for certain emails.
Everyone shops a bit differently. Some might buy right away, but many others load up their carts only to abandon them before finishing the transaction. As an online storefront, it’s nearly impossible to interact with those shoppers face-to-face to give them the nudge they need to buy.
With automation, you’ll know when someone makes a purchase, views a product, starts a checkout, or abandons their cart altogether. That gives you the opportunity to follow up with those shoppers and encourage them to return to their carts. Apply tags to segment those shoppers and send them reminder emails with product images and calls to action that link back to their carts or certain product they’ve browsed.
Track Revenue Earned by Drip Emails
Through revenue attribution, earnings from individual emails can be tracked. If certain criteria are met, revenue is attributed to an email. Your account dashboard displays revenue earned by Drip each time you log in.