Staff Accountant - Revenue Cycle
You must be located in or able to relocate to Minneapolis, MN for this position.
Drip is the world’s first ecommerce CRM (ECRM) that enables retailers to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. We believe the world needs specialty retail and Drip is the platform that enables competition with the impersonal ecommerce giants. We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product. We have offices in Minneapolis and Greater Salt Lake City.
Want to positively impact tens of thousands of passionate users and marketing professionals around the globe? Join Drip!
About the Opportunity:
We’re looking for someone who is a highly motivated team player to be a critical member of the finance/accounting team. The ideal candidate is a self starter who is able to tackle complex issues, provide exceptional customer service to the Drip team and, balance the competing demands of our fast paced environment.
Some of your individual contributions will include:
- Managing manual billing for our Mid Market and Enterprise customers
- Reviewing Sales contracts for Revenue Recognition considerations
- Working within our Drip operating system to ensure proper customer billing and revenue recording
- Coordinating billing activity with commission calculations for our sales team
- Energetically offering insights to help us implement best practices, standards and procedures as we grow out internal billing/revenue systems
- Maintaining a positive relationship and open communication with our sales team
- Participating in monthly financial close activities including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assisting our amazing Drip team with any special projects as needed
Core Traits We Look For:
- You’re a team player with a willingness to work within and with a dynamic team
- You possess excellent communication skills and can comfortably communicate with team members at all levels
- You’re a critical thinker with the ability to identify and communicate relevant issues for timely resolution
- You possess a high level of integrity and professionalism when it comes to handling sensitive information (your nickname could be “The Vault”).
- Being detail oriented isn’t just a soundbite for you, but one of your genuine qualities
- What you don’t know, you will jump right in and learn. You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you are not afraid to go find solutions for difficult problems that come up. Technology is your friend, not your foe.
- Above everything else, you are a problem solver, not a problem creator. When questions crop up (hourly!) you have the answers and will dig deep to find them when you’re not 100% sure. You are not afraid to make a decision and will take full responsibility if the decision ends up being the wrong one.
- Did we mention that you must be detail oriented? :)
Who You Are:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field
- You have 1 - 4 years of accounting experience
- You are organized, have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You know how to manage your time and workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- You have intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Office, especially Excel
Huge plus if you have experience with any of these:
- Working in a high growth start up
- Auditing at a CPA firm
- Past experience working with sales teams
- Experience with system implementation
Who We Are:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note that residence in or relocation to Minnesota / Utah is our one non-negotiable
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll do the same.
At Drip, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.