At Drip we believe the world needs independent retail. Thousands of ecommerce brands all over the globe trust Drip to build engaging and profitable relationships with their customers. Our ecommerce marketing automation platform has generated more than $1 billion in revenue for our customers since 2018. We do this by unleashing the power of direct-to-consumer brands’ customer data to deliver perfectly personalized email and SMS marketing strategies that are proven to grow their revenue. And we’re just getting started! We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product with crew members located around the US and in our Minneapolis Hub.
Working at Drip means empowering the ecommerce rebellion alongside some of the best people in the biz. We've worked hard to build an awesome company culture based on our 5 Guiding Principles that are more than just words on a wall (learn more: www.drip.com/about). Ready to empower the rebellion? Join Drip!
About the opportunity:
As a Content Editorial Manager, you’ll write stellar long form content such as blog posts, guides, and other marketing initiatives to educate ecommerce merchants as well as edit short and long-form content. You’ll be an integral member of the content team and work in lockstep with our Head of Content, designer, and web developer to keep projects moving forward. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with our world-class Growth and Product teams to fully understand our customers’ pain points and produce content that moves them.
Some of your contributions will include:
- Work with the Head of Content to further establish our editorial direction––including the keywords we should target, the topics we should cover, the content formats we should produce, etc.
- Proofread and edit all content before it’s published to the Drip website to ensure it accurately reflects our brand voice
- Identify opportunities to update and optimize existing content for SEO
- Craft a backlinking strategy to increase traffic to the Drip website
- Manage a small team of freelance writers to write for the Drip blog
- Measure the impact of our content, including its influence on acquisition and conversions
Our ideal candidate can:
- Balance multiple writing and editing assignments at once
- Use their ecommerce expertise to ensure our content is top notch
- Manage an editorial calendar in their sleep
- Easily hit daily and weekly deadlines
- Come to the table with ideas every day
- Proofread and edit blog posts, articles, and other content assets
- Understand the psychology behind compelling copy
Core traits we look for:
- Storytelling is in your DNA
- You’re a content marketer -- you’re more than just a good writer -- you know how to come up with the right distribution strategy along with the right message
- You’re an editor -- you can catch grammatical errors with one eye closed, but more importantly, you know how to uplevel others’ writing
- You’re analytical -- you enjoy delivering results and are familiar with the latest tools (SEM Rush, Hubspot, Asana) -- at all times you know which pages are driving the most sessions and conversions
- You enjoy a collaborative environment and thrive on good-natured criticism
- You’re a team player who’s willing to go out of your way for others
- You never have to be told to go the extra mile in your work -- you’re already there
- 4+ years web-based writing and editing experience
- Experience working in the ecommerce space
- You can write about any topic and have extensive research skills
- A sharp eye for proofreading and storytelling
- Off-the-charts communication skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Digital first culture - we’re open to crew members working remotely or from our Minneapolis Hub
- Finally, just good humans...no jerks!
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a unique and exciting opportunity. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll bring some great stuff in return.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.