We believe the world needs independent retail. Drip is the ecommerce marketing engine making it happen. Trusted by 27,000 marketers worldwide, we give retailers the tools they need to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. We do this through our guided marketing system that helps direct-to-consumer brands of all sizes market smarter and grow their business. Our SaaS platform has helped thousands of customers across the globe generate nearly $1 Billion in gross merchandise value since 2018. And we’re just getting started! We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product with teams in Minneapolis, Greater Salt Lake City, and beyond.
Working at Drip means empowering the ecommerce rebellion alongside some of the best people in the biz. We've worked hard to build an awesome company culture based on our 5 Guiding Principles that are more than just words on a wall (learn more: www.drip.com/about). Ready to empower the rebellion? Join Drip!
About the opportunity
As a Software Engineer at Drip, you’ll be part of a small, agile product team that is working to solve some of the industry’s most interesting technical challenges. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally as you design, build, and ship production features for our cloud-native ECRM application. In addition to gaining experience in a rapidly evolving SaaS start-up, you’ll have a tremendous impact on the product: literally shaping and defining this new CRM vertical.
About the tech stack
We use a variety of different technologies to best meet the needs of our customers. While our code runs in AWS, we deploy and manage services written in Ruby, Go, Python, and Scala (just to name a few). Our frontend team loves building user experiences in Elm, while our backend team likes to build microservices (Dockerized on ECS) that scale to thousands of requests per second. For data, we share the love for both relational and NoSQL databases: PostgreSQL, DyanamoDB, Redshift, and Athena. Monitoring, operational excellence, and testing are important to all of us as we continually strive to improve.
Goals for you!
Our goal is to be successful at the company and individual level. Within 180 days of being at Drip, you will have...
...completed a comprehensive onboarding plan where you’ll get to know all of the key leaders, understand how the Company, Customer, Product, and People machines work and have a deep knowledge of our strategy and product (this will happen quickly!)
...deep familiarity with our tech stack and codebase through pair programming and immediately owning a feature
...had a major, visible, impact on our product in a way that directly and tangibly impacts our customers
...ownership of major features of the product
You’re a self-starting engineer who loves technology! You have experience in building either complex SaaS applications or B2C sites; ideally both, as our Drip engineering team stretches in both directions. You also have experience architecting scalable applications including microservices. Sound like you?
Our dream pick has
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science (isn’t required, but is extra points!)
- Deep experience with modern software development languages (we aren’t picky, great technologists can learn anything)
- Experience in building SaaS or B2C systems
- Familiarity with building RESTful services
- Experience with modern technologies for building microservices - Golang, Node.js, or other languages
- Experience working with relational and other database technologies
- Experience working on an Agile team
- The role is based in Minneapolis and we can offer relocation assistance to great candidates.
Who we are
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note that residence in or relocation to Minnesota is our one non-negotiable
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll do the same.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.