At Drip, we believe the world needs independent retail like it needs chocolate (Without either, where would we be?).
Thankfully, we’re an ecommerce marketing automation platform that’s generated more than $2 billion in revenue for our customers since 2018, and we’re only getting smarter and better at what we do: help independent retail thrive. In fact, thousands of fabulous direct-to-consumer brands all over the globe trust Drip to help them build next-level relationships with their customers.
How does it all work? Drip gives brands the keys to their own customer data castles, then empowers them to hit revenue-smashing high notes through proven email and SMS marketing strategies. It’s a beautiful (mutually beneficial) thing.
What does it mean to work at Drip? Well, we’re building a product that’s as beautiful as the humans creating it. So there’s that. But also, working at Drip means more than we can fit into these paragraphs. It means collaborating with an incredibly talented and caring team of individuals who revere hard work, creativity, and the human side of everything. It means getting elbows deep into ecommerce marketing. Innovating alongside some of the brightest (kindest, funniest, most intelligent—should we keep going?) in the industry. Empowering independent brands with the right tools to help them grow beyond their wildest dreams. And enjoying a people-first company culture where relationships (really) matter, and rowing together is just something we do.
Ready to fuel the ecommerce rebellion and help brands experience beyond-their-wildest-dreams success? Sound like the kind of (genuine) people you want to do it all with? Join Drip—a well-funded, digital-first, swiftly (yet intentionally) growing tech company. We’ve got crew members located throughout the US, Europe, and, Mexico, with Drip Hubs in Minneapolis, MN, and Aarhus, Denmark. Regardless of location, we’re in this together, here for the long haul, and cannot wait to meet you.
About the opportunity:
We’re looking for a Staff Accountant who is a highly motivated team player to be a critical member of the finance/accounting team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is able to tackle complex issues, provide exceptional customer service to the Drip team and balance the competing demands of our fast paced environment.
Some of your contributions will include:
- Participating in financial close activities including preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and bank reconciliations.
- Areas of focus include accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, and fixed asset schedules.
- Managing and posting year end accruals.
- Managing the company credit card program including importing expenses into the accounting system.
- Overseeing accounts payable duties (including monitoring approvals and contract management).
- Identifying ways to improve processes, implementing best practices to help us scale as we grow.
- Year end compliance includes issuing 1099s.
- Sales and Use tax compliance and related work.
- Assisting with the annual financial statement audit.
- Maintaining a positive relationship and open communication with other departments.
- Assisting our amazing Drip team with any special projects as needed. As we are a growing startup, you will be able to grow and define this role in a way that aligns with your strengths and interests.
What You’ve Done:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
- You have 1 - 4 years of accounting experience.
- You have intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Office, especially Excel (and Google Sheets).
- You have been a key participant in the monthly close process in compliance with GAAP.
Who You Are:
- You’re a team player with a willingness to work within and with a dynamic team.
- You possess excellent communication skills and can comfortably communicate with team members at all levels.
- You’re a critical thinker with the ability to identify and communicate relevant issues for timely resolution.
- You possess a high level of integrity and professionalism when it comes to handling sensitive information (your nickname could be “The Vault”).
- Being detail oriented isn’t just a soundbite for you, but one of your genuine qualities.
- What you don’t know, you will jump right in and learn. You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you are not afraid to go find solutions for difficult problems that come up. Technology is your friend, not your foe.
- Above everything else, you are a problem solver, not a problem creator. When questions crop up you have the answers and will dig deep to find them when you’re not 100% sure. You are not afraid to make a decision and will take full responsibility if the decision ends up being the wrong one.
- Did we mention that you must be detail oriented? :)
- You are organized, have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- You know how to manage your time and workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Huge plus if you have experience with any of these:
- Working in a high growth start up.
- Working in a hybrid environment, utilizing technology to bridge geographical distance between crew members.
- Auditing at a CPA firm.
- Experience with account reconciliations, particularly prepaid and accrued expenses.
- Experience with bank reconciliations.
- Experience with T&E expense reporting (Concur).
- Experience with Netsuite.
The Staff Accountant Interview Process:
- Apply, nice to meet you!
- Accounting Assessment - 45 min
- Recruiter Intro Phone Call - 30 min to learn about us and our culture
- Hiring Manager Video Call - 30 min
- Team Interview Video Calls - 1 hour to meet a few members of the team.
- Team Debrief, we will meet to discuss openly about our conversations and share feedback for the hiring manager’s final decision. Regardless of outcome, every candidate will get an update from Drip on their interview status quickly.
- Offer, we will call the candidate that we hope will be the next Dripster hire!
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Digital first culture - we’re open to crew members working remotely or from our Minneapolis Hub
- Finally, just good humans...no jerks!
Compensation: $65,000 - $75,000 Annually
To create a space of trust with our crew members we make compensation ranges for each of our positions public. We select our initial range through national compensation survey data. Factors that impact salary are: tenure, performance and geographic location. If you are outside of this range, we encourage you to apply and also provide us with your compensation expectations.
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a unique and exciting opportunity. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll bring some great stuff in return.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.
Does all of this sound like you?
Want to join us as we positively impact tens of thousands of passionate users and marketing professionals around the globe? Little ripples make big waves, so grab an oar and row with us.