You must be located in or able to relocate to Minneapolis, MN for this position.
Drip is the world’s first ecommerce CRM (ECRM) that enables retailers to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. We believe the world needs specialty retail and Drip is the platform that enables competition with the impersonal ecommerce giants. We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product. We have offices in Minneapolis and Greater Salt Lake. City.
Want to positively impact tens of thousands of passionate users and marketing professionals around the globe? Join Drip!
About the role
As a Database Administrator, you will help us overcome scaling challenges as we continue to grow quickly. Working in a very large PostgreSQL database, you’ll aid us in breaking up into different shards and navigating us through a microservice re-architecture. This will be a highly-impactful role in our engineering growth.
This is a great opportunity to build a new team in a successful, fast-growing venture-backed company. This person will help us dominate this new E-commerce category as an ECRM platform.
Ideally, you are a PostgreSQL expert. You relish all parts of building and running a highly available and fast application on PostgreSQL. We’re looking for people who are smart and collaborative, and are willing to consider applicants with experience in other relational databases, as long as you are able to go deep and get technical.
Other duties include:
- Managing PostgreSQL environments and administer end-to-end
- SQL monitoring and performance optimization
- Finding solutions for performance bottlenecks
- Building performant applications and ensuring a high level of production uptime
- Architecting Drip’s adoption of AWS RDS (we currently run PostgreSQL directly on AWS EC2 instances)
- The role is open in both the Salt Lake City area and Minneapolis. Relocation is offered to candidates hired outside of these areas.
Our ideal pick has:
- 3+ years w/PostgreSQL (or longer experience in other SQL database engines)
- Strong success working on AWS - we operate 100% in the cloud
- Familiarity with RDS on AWS
- The ability to navigate the growing pains of a very high-growth SaaS product, while also maintaining database integrity
- A mind for collaboration - isn’t married to any singular tech or process
Who we are
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note that residence in or relocation to Minnesota / Utah is our one non-negotiable
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll do the same.
At Drip, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.