At Drip we believe the world needs independent retail. Thousands of ecommerce brands all over the globe trust Drip to build engaging and profitable relationships with their customers. Our ecommerce marketing automation platform has generated more than $1 billion in revenue for our customers since 2018. We do this by unleashing the power of direct-to-consumer brands’ customer data to deliver perfectly personalized email and SMS marketing strategies that are proven to grow their revenue. And we’re just getting started! We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product with crew members located around the US and in our Minneapolis Hub.
Working at Drip means empowering the ecommerce rebellion alongside some of the best people in the biz. We've worked hard to build an awesome company culture based on our 5 Guiding Principles that are more than just words on a wall (learn more: www.drip.com/about). Ready to empower the rebellion? Join Drip!
About the opportunity:
As an SMS Product Manager you’ll work within a larger Product team on a gorgeous product to ship ecommerce focused SMS features to our tens of thousands of users. You’ll lead and influence your product management peers on the SMS product vision, and drive the discovery, customer empathy and execution of our forward thinking roadmap. You’ll become the voice of our users - representing high-value problems for our product engineering teams to solve and drive value and growth for our customers.
Learn more about how we work here: www.dripships.gold/
What else you’ll do:
Your day-to-day responsibilities will shift and grow, but to start with, you will...
Engage with the Product
- We don’t just copy, we innovate. You’ll work with the Product team to think deeply about problems, and their most elegant solutions, both short and long-term.
- Craft an SMS focused roadmap, built to deliver more revenue and a better customer experience for our brand’s customers with less effort.
- What drives the future of ecommerce? Leverage your understanding of the ecommerce space to help pinpoint future features and emerging trends in the SMS marketing space.
- Work to understand our customer’s product pain points and success by rolling up your sleeves and using Drip first hand.
- Favor data over opinion, no matter whose (i.e. including your own). And qualitative feedback from customers is also data.
Get Things Done
- For yourself and the agile engineering team you work with, organize efforts around ‘problems-to-be-solved’ instead of ‘features-to-be-launched’. Work with the engineering team to break these efforts into manageable chunks and craft the product stories (what problem are we solving, for whom, why). Favor pragmatism over process, every time.
- Write and talk, talk and write. Do both well. You may also put together the occasional presentation in support of your product area to help the product machine or engineering team understand a problem.
Empathize with our customers
- You’ll spend time talking with users and learn how to understand their businesses and challenges.
- Gather customer input from multiple channels, including in-person communication, industry conferences, focus groups, beta releases, surveys, feature requests, online reviews, and more.
- Digest and synthesize this feedback & research with the product team to support learning across the organization.
What you’ve done: We value SMS marketing expertise!
- You have worked for an ecommerce agency, SaaS or DTC brand in a SMS marketing capacity, helping to build and launch stores or marketing campaigns.
- You have a passion for emerging DTC trends and a fire for independent retail.
- You’ve worked to build new features or launch marketing campaigns in the SMS space.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment or are committed to adapting and always learning.
Ideally - you also have experience working with software developers and UX designers. But if your background favors SMS marketing over SaaS software development - that’s OK. Additionally:
Who you are:
- You can list your favorite DTC brands and their strategies from memory, and probably have a few opinions on what they’re doing wrong.
- You can rattle off your favorite SMS-sending brands and why they’re cool.
- Being detail-oriented isn’t just a soundbite for you, but a genuine quality.
- What you don’t know, you’ll jump right in and learn. You’re not afraid to ask questions. Technology is your friend, not your foe.
- You never say “That’s not my job.”Self-starter, team player, and amazing problem-solver.
- You work well with others, with a strong desire to find the best solution to any problem.
- You work hard towards the simplest solution to accomplish the goal.
Who we are:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for funF
- inally, no politics and no jerks
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll bring some great stuff in return.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.