We believe the world needs independent retail. Drip is the ecommerce marketing engine making it happen. Trusted by 27,000 marketers worldwide, we give retailers the tools they need to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. We do this through our guided marketing system that helps direct-to-consumer brands of all sizes market smarter and grow their business. Our SaaS platform has helped thousands of customers across the globe generate nearly $1 Billion in gross merchandise value since 2018. And we’re just getting started! We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product with crew members located around the US and in our Minneapolis Hub.
Working at Drip means empowering the ecommerce rebellion alongside some of the best people in the biz. We've worked hard to build an awesome company culture based on our 5 Guiding Principles that are more than just words on a wall (learn more: www.drip.com/about). Ready to empower the rebellion? Join Drip!
About the opportunity:
As the Data Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining our analytical infrastructure that enables our Product, GTM, Finance and Leadership teams. You will build, test, deploy, and operate the systems that deliver these capabilities and be responsible for creating data set processes for verification, acquisition, mining, and modeling. You’ll work in community with the functional Analysts to ensure data is providing actionable insights to support Drip’s growth.
Learn more about how we work together here: https://dripships.gold
Some of your contributions will include:
- Building required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources using various AWS technologies such as Redshift, Kinesis, Batch, and EMR.
- Collaborating with Data Scientists to generate datasets for machine learning models.
- Identifying, designing and implementing internal process improvements including optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Collaborate with functional Data Analysts to evolve how we surface data to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
What You’ve Done:
- Built processes that support data transformation, workload management, data structures, dependency and metadata
- Built well tested data pipelines, ensuring high operational availability through monitoring and alerting as well as high data fidelity.
- Manipulated, processed and extracted value from large disconnected datasets
- Experienced in working with message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
Who You Are:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in Data Engineering roles
- Integrate disparate systems, use APIs, and operate them with high availability
- Experience with cloud services
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, Ruby etc.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Digital first culture - we're open to crew members working remotely or from our Minneapolis Hub
- Finally, just good humans... no jerks!
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll bring some great stuff in return.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.