We believe the world needs independent retail. Drip is the ecommerce marketing engine making it happen. Trusted by 27,000 marketers worldwide, we give retailers the tools they need to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. We do this through our guided marketing system that helps direct-to-consumer brands of all sizes market smarter and grow their business. Our SaaS platform has helped thousands of customers across the globe generate nearly $1 Billion in gross merchandise value since 2018. And we’re just getting started! We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product with crew members located around the US and in our Minneapolis Hub.
Working at Drip means empowering the ecommerce rebellion alongside some of the best people in the biz. We've worked hard to build an awesome company culture based on our 5 Guiding Principles that are more than just words on a wall (learn more: www.drip.com/about). Ready to empower the rebellion? Join Drip!
About the role:
The VP Finance is a key leadership role that helps our Drip crew boat not only steer, but ensures we've got the right momentum in every stroke. That’s right. This is not a role that just helps us understand what happened; this is a role that tells us what is happening right now and what we should be doing to prepare for the future. You will report to the CEO and as a member of the senior leadership team, you will be an inspirational leader working throughout the organization to accomplish this objective. The qualities we are looking for in the ideal candidate can be viewed through these five categories:
Operator: The VP Finance is vital in aligning business and finance strategy to grow the business. You will set in motion a cadence for the senior leadership team to know and really understand performance through key health metrics so that we can use that knowledge to make the right decisions as a senior leadership team. This will be carried out through the budgeting process, by providing financial planning and analysis and through leading operational reviews.
Strategist: Data is the lifeblood of an organization, even more so for SaaS companies. It separates opinions from facts and can provide a competitive advantage for an organization. It can also be noisy and complex. As a baseline, the VP Finance must be fluent in SaaS metrics. In addition, a strategically oriented VP Finance ensures that the whole company focuses on a few key business drivers that convey a broad understanding of the value proposition and how the company fulfills it. Whether it is knowing who your customers are and what they are doing with your products, to understanding how profitable a line of business or geography is, you will need to define the metrics and measurements that will be tracked to manage growth, enable agility, and ensure long-term sustainability.
Catalyst: The VP Finance is uniquely positioned to look across the company to determine the process improvements and innovations that would add the most value to the company. As such, you will stimulate and drive the timely execution of change in the company. You will help identify and drive a variety of initiatives to improve enterprise value creation including: up-sell/cross-sell strategies, pricing & packaging optimizations, Self-service sales, High-velocity sales, and strategic acquisitions.
Educator: In order to drive effective alignment, the VP Finance must also be an educator; one who is able to simplify complex information and problems in a way that can be communicated and understood. You will make sense of complex topics and communicate direction in a way that people understand and embrace.
Steward: The VP Finance works to protect the vital assets of the company, ensure compliance with financial regulations, close the books and forecast cash correctly, and communicate value and risk issues to the CEO, investors and boards.
You will lead, organize, and direct all aspects of the Finance function for the organization, including FP&A, accounting, tax and legal. You think you’re up to that task? Awesome! Here are the deeper level details of the role...
About your day to day:
- Partner with the senior leadership team and serve as our strategic financial expert.
- Own the company's financial plan including regular updates and adjustments to the financial model and communication of key elements to the senior leadership team.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance. Develop and enhance necessary dashboards to track health metrics and business performance to drive short and long-term business decisions.
- Oversee external firms (accounting/tax/audit) and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the monthly accounting close process.
- Communicate and present our financial results to relevant audiences including company updates, investor updates, board updates and materials.
- Advise on compensation strategy including equity, and bonus/ commission planning.
- Manage vendor relationships and review agreements.
- Serve as point person for all legal matters; liaison with outside counsel as needed.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of progressive experience at a venture-backed SaaS company (ideally SMB focused), with VP-level responsibility for accounting, financial planning, and analytics.
- Your track record shows you are a trusted advisor and business partner. You can drive business insights, actions, and accountability across departments with a customer service-oriented attitude.
- You are an accomplished leader and coach. You can manage and lead an all-star team.
- You exhibit strong written and oral communication skills and can influence across the organization. You inspire confidence and can garner support for strategic initiatives.
- You are experienced in developing and presenting business plans, models, and financial forecasts to management and the investment community.
- You are diligent. You have an eye for details and strive for accuracy and operational excellence.
- You are scrappy, can show your grit, and are willing to get dirty.
- You can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Digital first culture - we're open to crew members working remotely or from our Minneapolis Hub
- Finally, just good humans... no jerks!
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll bring some great stuff in return.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.