At Drip we believe the world needs independent retail. Thousands of ecommerce brands all over the globe trust Drip to build engaging and profitable relationships with their customers. Our ecommerce marketing automation platform has generated more than $1 billion in revenue for our customers since 2018. We do this by unleashing the power of direct-to-consumer brands’ customer data to deliver perfectly personalized email and SMS marketing strategies that are proven to grow their revenue. And we’re just getting started! We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product with crew members located around the US and in our Minneapolis Hub.
Working at Drip means empowering the ecommerce rebellion alongside some of the best people in the biz. We've worked hard to build an awesome company culture based on our 5 Guiding Principles that are more than just words on a wall (learn more: www.drip.com/about
). Ready to empower the rebellion? Join Drip!
About the opportunity:
As a Copywriter, you’ll be in charge of writing punchy, short form copy that converts. You’ll be writing copy for our website, email, ads, and more. As an integral member of the content team, you’ll work in lockstep with our Head of Content, designer, and web developer to keep projects moving forward. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with our world-class Growth and Product teams to fully understand our customers’ pain points and produce copy that moves them. In short, you could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman in white gloves -- all with your keyboard.
Some of your contributions will include:
- Work with the Head of Content to craft copy that converts
- Create copy for social ads and corresponding landing pages that will have prospects signing up for Drip, like, yesterday
- Craft knock-your-socks-off email copy to turn subscribers into customers
- Perform A/B tests to continually optimize for conversion
- Support members of the Marketing, Growth, Sales, and Product teams as copy needs arise
Our ideal candidate can:
- Measure the impact of their words -- conversion rates and time on page are the name of their game
- Craft punchy, tight copy -- no fluff allowed
- Become familiar with Drip to learn what message resonates best inside of the product via product alerts, in-app product tours, and more.
- Understand that simple is better, as well as what it means to say more using fewer words
- Balance multiple writing assignments at once
- Easily hit daily and weekly deadlines
- Come to the table with ideas every day
- Understand the psychology behind compelling copy
Core traits we look for:
- Storytelling is in your DNA
- Customer empathy is your middle name -- you understand the customer and can almost feel what it’s like to be in their shoes
- You have a quick wit and can deliver a consistent and memorable brand voice
- You enjoy a collaborative environment and thrive on good-natured criticism
- You’re a team player who’s willing to go out of your way for others
- You never have to be told to go the extra mile in your work -- you’re already there
- 2+ years copywriting experience
- Experience working in the ecommerce space
- A sharp eye for proofreading and storytelling
- Off-the-charts communication skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Digital first culture - we’re open to crew members working remotely or from our Minneapolis Hub
- Finally, just good humans...no jerks!
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a unique and exciting opportunity. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll bring some great stuff in return.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.