At Drip we believe the world needs independent retail. Thousands of ecommerce brands all over the globe trust Drip to build engaging and profitable relationships with their customers. Our ecommerce marketing automation platform has generated more than $1 billion in revenue for our customers since 2018. We do this by unleashing the power of direct-to-consumer brands’ customer data to deliver perfectly personalized email and SMS marketing strategies that are proven to grow their revenue. And we’re just getting started! We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product with crew members located around the US and in our Minneapolis Hub.
Working at Drip means empowering the ecommerce rebellion alongside some of the best people in the biz. We've worked hard to build an awesome company culture based on our 5 Guiding Principles that are more than just words on a wall (learn more: www.drip.com/about).
Ready to empower the rebellion? Join Drip!
About the opportunity:
We’re not kidding when we say, this is a dream job so we will be particular! If you’re up for the challenge, continue reading...
As the Senior UX Designer, you know that design is the easy part. It’s your ability to lead and facilitate the necessary activities that lead into something material that will make you stand out. Reporting to the Director of Product Design and joining an existing team of world-class UX and Product designers, you will take the psychology and aesthetics of the user experience to the next level within an Agile environment. You will keep customers top-of-mind and relentlessly seek and advocate the highest convenience and ease of use of the product. Our Senior UX Designer will need to be competent in all facets of the design process.
This is a great opportunity to shape a rapidly evolving product in a fast growing venture backed company. You will help us deliver great ecommerce marketing capabilities, growing our customers’ businesses. This role operates within a specific Drip product team comprised of a Product Manager, Development Manager, and Engineers and produces design work for that team’s product area. Highly collaborative, iterative, HIGH ownership.
Some of your contributions will include:
- Take broad, abstract, conceptual ideas and problems and turn them into something useful and valuable for our users
- Unlock empathy for our customer’s unique problems and tasks, and translating that into great flows and experiences in the Drip app
- Participate with the design team to evolve the design system consistent with the Drip brand
- Rely on a proven set of ‘tools’ to research and establish the root problem
- Lead interdepartmental team members through an iterative discovery process in order to arrive at a viable experience.
- Advance a strong point of view, backed up by customer insights, design principles, and industry trends
Core Traits We Look For:
- A strong individual contributor that is comfortable growing in that role
- Your approach is transparent; Perfection is the enemy of progress here.
- An evidence-based personality that draws from qualitative data , quantitative data, and experience
- Proficient facilitating customer centric activities with teams
- You hold yourself and others accountable
- Someone who shows up for their team/s
- Humble-confidence: If you don’t know, you admit it, and you’ll find it out. If you do know, take that opportunity as a teaching moment. If you have an ego and think you know everything - don’t apply.
- Someone that can lead a team critically as they think about the convergence of design, tech, and business
- Navigate and reconcile the most desirable experience within boundaries, timelines, etc
- Has worked in a truly Agile environment; I’m talking comfortable living with uncertainty and letting the data and evidence tell us more
- Thinks creatively but at scale and systematically within our Design System and across our organization
- Independence, autonomy, and a strong sense of self; you are the only designer on your Mission Driven Team
- Appreciates sharing and pairing with other design team members
- Believe in ‘experiences’ not page design or static elements on a page.
- Plus: SaaS, Start up, and experimental mindset and experience
What to expect during the interview process:
- Your portfolio will get you through the door. If you can’t design, then you’re not a fit
- An inspiring portfolio is great, but we also care, if not more more, about how you arrived at certain conclusions. So be prepared to talk about that as you do your portfolio review
- Be able to talk about how you work interdependently with varying team roles: PM, Eng, Marketing, etc
- Explain your approach and principles that are fundamental to your practice
- We believe in people bringing their whole selves to work, so please lean into this during the interview process. We will do the same.
- Optional: A design exercise
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Digital first culture - we’re open to crew members working remotely or from our Minneapolis Hub
- Finally, just good humans...no jerks!
Compensation: $100,000 - $120,000 Annually
To create a space of trust with our crew members we make compensation ranges for each of our positions public. We select our initial range through national compensation survey data. Factors that impact salary are: tenure, performance and geographic location. If you are outside of this range, we encourage you to apply and also provide us with your compensation expectations.
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a unique and exciting opportunity. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll bring some great stuff in return.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.