You must be located in or able to relocate to Minneapolis, MN for this position.
Drip is the world’s first ecommerce CRM (ECRM) that enables retailers to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. We believe the world needs specialty retail and Drip is the platform that enables competition with the impersonal ecommerce giants. We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product. We have offices in Minneapolis and Greater Salt Lake City.
Want to positively impact tens of thousands of passionate users and marketing professionals around the globe? Join Drip!
About the opportunity: As a Product Manager you’ll work on a small, agile team in a gorgeous product to ship production features to our tens of thousands of users. You’ll collaborate with your product management peers on product vision, and own the strategy, execution, and customer empathy for a specific set of Drip product capabilities. You’ll develop your hypothesis of what will add the most value for our customers, and validate them. The best theories get built into the product. You’ll be the voice of our users - representing high-value problems for our product engineering teams to solve and provide value for our customers.
What else you’ll do:
Your day-to-day responsibilities will shift and grow, but to start with, you will...
Set the Strategy
- We don’t just copy, we innovate. You’ll think deeply about problems, and their most elegant solutions, both short and long-term.
- What drives the future of ecommerce? Dig into our market and understand it. This includes customer segmentation, competitive analysis, and monitoring market evolutions over time.
- Say “yes” to the right ideas, and “no” to the other majority. Don’t just think through the implications of DOING something, but also NOT.
- Favor data over opinion, no matter whose (i.e. including your own). And qualitative feedback from customers is also data.
Execute - Get Things Done
- For yourself and the teams you work with, organize efforts around ‘problems-to-be-solved’. Break these efforts into manageable chunks and craft the product stories (what problem are we solving, for whom, why). Favor pragmatism over process, every time.
- Know when you’ve solved the problem. Define the metrics you want to measure with each solution that will indicate product success. Use those to iterate and improve.
- Participate in agile scrum - you should already understand the whys as well as the whats of this process in software development.
- Write and talk, talk and write. Do both well. You may also put together the occasional presentation, whether for internal consumption (e.g. presenting our product roadmap) or for external viewing, like a product overview for customers.
Empathize With Our Customers
- You see spending time with users as a rewarding part of product management and have experience understanding their businesses and challenges.
- Accept customer input from multiple channels, including in-person communication, industry conferences, focus groups, beta releases, surveys, feature requests, online reviews, and more.
- Employ multiple means of quantifying and qualifying the user experience of the product.
- Distill primary and secondary research into actionable and communicable data points for cross-departmental consumption.
What You’ve Done
- You have at least 2 years of product management experience working directly with a SaaS product and have taken at least one major feature from inception to launch.
- You have an understanding of working with software developers and UX designers in the SaaS space. You know what and why an API is, and are able to follow basic conversations on application architecture.
- The most desired candidates have at least one year of professional experience working with email marketing or marketing automation software and are knowledgeable of the major players in the space. Barring that, you are excited and demonstrate a propensity to learn.
- You have experience working in a startup environment and understand the fast-paced nature or are committed to adapting and enjoying this environment.
Who You Are
- Being detail-oriented isn’t just a soundbite for you, but one of your genuine qualities.
- What you don’t know, you’ll jump right in and learn. You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you’re not afraid to go find solutions to difficult problems that crop up. Technology is your friend, not your foe.
- You never say “That’s not my job.”Self-starter, team player, and amazing problem-solver.
- You work well with others, with a strong desire to find the best solution to any problem.
- You work hard towards the simplest solution to accomplish the goal.
Who We Are
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note that residence in or relocation to Minnesota or Salt Lake City is our one non-negotiable
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll bring some great stuff in return.
At Drip, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.