Senior Software Engineer
You must be located in or able to relocate to Salt Lake City, UT for this position.
Drip is the world’s first ecommerce CRM (ECRM) that enables retailers to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. We believe the world needs specialty retail and Drip is the platform that enables competition with the impersonal ecommerce giants. We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product. We have offices in Minneapolis and Greater Salt Lake. City.
Want to positively impact tens of thousands of passionate users and marketing professionals around the globe? Join Drip!
About the opportunity
As a Software Engineer at Drip, you’ll be part of a small, agile product team that is working to solve some of the industry’s most interesting technical challenges. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally as you design, build, and ship production features for our cloud-native ECRM application. In addition to gaining experience in a rapidly evolving SaaS start-up, you’ll have a tremendous impact on the product: literally shaping and defining this new CRM vertical.
About the tech stack
We use a variety of different technologies to best meet the needs of our customers. While our code runs in AWS, we deploy and manage services written in Ruby, Go, Python, and Scala (just to name a few). Our frontend team loves building user experiences in Elm, while our backend team likes to build microservices (Dockerized on ECS) that scale to thousands of requests per second. For data, we share the love for both relational and NoSQL databases: PostgreSQL, DyanamoDB, Redshift, and Athena. Monitoring, operational excellence, and testing are important to all of us as we continually strive to improve.
Goals for you!
Our goal is to be successful at the company and individual level. Within 180 days of being at Drip, you will have...
...completed a comprehensive onboarding plan where you’ll get to know all of the key leaders, understand how the Company, Customer, Product, and People machines work and have a deep knowledge of our strategy and product (this will happen quickly!)
...deep familiarity with our tech stack and codebase through pair programming and immediately owning a feature
...had a major, visible, impact on our product in a way that directly and tangibly impacts our customers
...ownership of major features of the product
You’re a self-starting engineer who loves technology! You have experience in building either complex SaaS applications or B2C sites; ideally both, as our Drip engineering team stretches in both directions. You also have experience architecting scalable applications including microservices. Sound like you?
Our dream pick has:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science (isn’t required, but is extra points!)
- Deep experience with modern software development languages (we aren’t picky, great technologists can learn anything)
- Experience in building SaaS or B2C systems
- Familiarity with building RESTful services
- Experience with modern technologies for building microservices - Golang, Node.js, or other languages
- Experience working with relational and other database technologies
- Experience working on an Agile team
- The role is based in Minneapolis and we can offer relocation assistance to great candidates.
Who we are
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note that residence in or relocation to Minnesota / Utah is our one non-negotiable
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll do the same.
At Drip, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.