At Drip we believe the world needs independent retail. Thousands of ecommerce brands all over the globe trust Drip to build engaging and profitable relationships with their customers. Our ecommerce marketing automation platform has generated more than $1 billion in revenue for our customers since 2018. We do this by unleashing the power of direct-to-consumer brands’ customer data to deliver perfectly personalized email and SMS marketing strategies that are proven to grow their revenue. And we’re just getting started! We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product with crew members located around the US and in our Minneapolis Hub.
Working at Drip means empowering the ecommerce rebellion alongside some of the best people in the biz. We've worked hard to build an awesome company culture based on our 5 Guiding Principles that are more than just words on a wall (learn more: www.drip.com/about). Ready to empower the rebellion? Join Drip!
About the opportunity:
As a Principal Product Manager you’ll join a small ‘mission-driven team’ comprised of a UX designer, a small set of engineers, and you, the PM. This team has ownership over a portion of the Drip product. Your role is to bring the most valuable opportunities for Drip customer, and partner with the team on solutions and execution.
At Drip, the Principal Product Manager role is also expected to bring considerable product management experience to the product team’s practice and operation. You’ll work with the Director of Product to tune and execute our roadmap and planning process, and provide guidance and mentoring to other product managers on opportunity discovery, planning, and execution. You’ll have a GREAT opportunity to positively impact our customer’s businesses through the Drip product.
Engage with the Product
- We don’t just copy, we innovate. You’ll be a crucial contributor on the Product team, enabling others to think deeply about problems, and their most elegant solutions, both short and long-term.
- With the Director of Product, facilitate a roadmap and prioritization practice that delivers best-in-class solutions tailored to ecommerce marketers.
- Collaborate across the organization to manage a thoughtful roadmap that’s internally and externally visible.
- Work with your product manager peers to drive the product team’s process.
- What drives the future of ecommerce? Leverage your understanding of the ecommerce space to help pinpoint future marketing strategies and emerging trends in the ecommerce marketing space.
- Favor data over opinion, no matter whose (i.e. including your own). And qualitative feedback from customers is also data.
Get Things Done
- For yourself and the mission-driven-team, you work with, organize efforts around ‘enabling-great-marketing’ instead of ‘features-to-be-launched’. Work with the engineering team to break these efforts into highest value releases and craft the product stories (what problem are we solving, for whom, why). Favor pragmatism over process, every time.
- Write and talk, talk and write. Do both extremely well. You will be crafting the occasional presentation in support of your product area to help the product machine or engineering team understand a problem.
- You’ll be engaging with the leadership teams in deep discussions around priority and you know when things need to be left on the cutting room floor and when something has to make the cut.
Empathize with our customers
- You’ll spend time talking with users and learn how to understand their businesses and challenges.
- Gather customer input from customer interviews and ride-alongs, marketing expert feedback, industry conferences, focus groups, beta releases, surveys, feature requests, online reviews, and more.
- Digest and synthesize this feedback & research with the product team to support learning across the organization.
What you’ve done:
- You have worked for a SaaS or DTC brand in a senior product management capacity, helping to build and launch solutions.
- You’ve spent time as a solo product manager, maintaining a roadmap for teams and communicating that roadmap with stakeholders.
- You have a passion for honing your craft and defining a lightweight process around what makes a product manager thrive.
- You have a passion for emerging DTC trends and a fire for small businesses.
- You have deep experience working with software developers and UX designers.
- You have significant experience working in a fast-paced environment or are committed to adapting and always learning.
Who you are:
- Being detail-oriented isn’t just a soundbite for you, but a genuine quality.
- You can list your favorite DTC brands and their strategies from memory, and probably have a few opinions on what they’re doing wrong.
- Self-starter, team player, and amazing problem-solver.
- You work well with others, with a strong desire to find the best solution to any problem.
- You work hard towards the simplest solution to accomplish the goal.
Who we are:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
Compensation: $130,000 - $150,000 Annually
To create a space of trust with our crew members we make compensation ranges for each of our positions public. We select our initial range through national compensation survey data. Factors that impact salary are: tenure, performance and geographic location. If you are outside of this range, we encourage you to apply and also provide us with your compensation expectations.
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a unique and exciting opportunity. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll bring some great stuff in return.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.