Senior Software Engineer - Platform
At Drip, we believe any ecommerce brand should have the tools to connect with their customers and compete online. Learn more about Drip and how we empower independent brands to grow beyond their wildest dreams.
Look through our Careers Page to see our story, learn about our team and browse some of our benefits. Diversity at Drip is more than welcomed. It’s celebrated.
About the opportunity:
As a Senior Platform Engineer at Drip, you'll be part of a small agile team that is working to solve interesting problems with customer data. You'll work on large-scale solutions that push our systems into the future. You'll also collaborate cross-functionally as you solve, design, build, and ship solutions to our customers' problems. In addition to gaining experience in a rapidly evolving SaaS startup, you'll also have a tremendous impact on the product as a whole.
Learn more about how we work together here:https://dripships.gold
Core Traits We Look For:
- Designing and implementing robust solutions at scale
- Supporting and enhancing our track record of reliability
- Working cross-functionally to support product enhancements
In Addition to the Above You:
- Have 4+ w/ scala, you are a Scala expert
- Enjoy collaborating on a small empowered team to help discover, understand, and tackle interesting and hard problems
- Possess a deep knowledge of AWS system design, performance tuning, capacity planning, etc
- Have terraform/ansible/chef experience, database experience (postgres, no sql), along with Scala experience if possible.
- Are a proponent of sound engineering practices, including pair programming and automated testing
- Are energized by solving hard problems
- Know that we are successful if and only if our customers are successful; technology is a means to an end
- Are able to understand complex architectures and design simple ones that scale
Our tech stack:
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB
- Kinesis, SQS
- Ruby on Rails, Golang, Scala
- Docker, ECS
- CircleCI, CodeDeploy
- Elm, CoffeeScript, Flight
- If you have worked with both Scala and Ruby
- If you have experience working on a high-throughput system
The Interview Process:
- Apply, nice to meet you!
- Recruiter Intro Phone Call - 30 min to learn about us and our culture
- Engineering Manager Video Call - 45 min
- Team Interview Video Calls - around 3 hours to meet a few members of the team. Some technical discussion, no live coding!
- Team Debrief, we share open feedback for the hiring manager's final decision. Regardless of the outcome, every candidate will get an update from Drip on their interview status quickly.
- Offer, we will call the candidate that we hope will be the next Dripster hire!
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our wildly talented and in-touch leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Digital first culture - many of our crew members work remotely. We have a hub in Minneapolis, MN and a European Hub in Aarhus, Denmark for in person collaboration.
- Finally, just good humans...no jerks!
Compensation: $140,000 - $180,000 Annually
In order to create a space of trust with our crew, we publicize quite a bit, including compensation ranges for each of our positions. We select our initial range through national compensation survey data. And then factor in things like tenure, performance, and geographic location to come up with the most accurate numbers. Are you outside the range we’ve provided above? No problem. We encourage you to still apply, and provide us with your compensation expectations when you do. We’re big on open conversations, so, let’s have one.
Working for a successful early-stage tech company (ahem, Drip) is something we consider to be a unique and exciting opportunity. As part of the best team ever (yes, we really feel this way), you’ll work hard and encounter exciting challenges and adventures along the way. In the same vein, our positions come with some pretty amazing advantages, opportunities, and fulfillment. So bring your best self and your strongest oars to the Drip crew boat, and we'll bring great stuff in return.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.
Does all of this sound like you?
Want to join us as we positively impact tens of thousands of passionate users and marketing professionals around the globe? Little ripples make big waves, so grab an oar and row with us.