Senior Software Engineer - Contract
At Drip, we believe any ecommerce brand should have the tools to connect with their customers and compete online. Learn more about Drip and how we empower independent brands to grow beyond their wildest dreams.
Look through our Careers Page to see our story, learn about our team and browse some of our benefits. Diversity at Drip is more than welcomed. It’s celebrated.
About the Opportunity
We are very excited to expand our business to new horizons in Latin America, starting with Mexico as a strategic location. As in everything we do, our commitment and vision are long-term, which is why we are convinced that investing in building a brand new team of highly talented people is the best decision.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Drip, you will have the opportunity to be one of the first of many crew members joining us from Mexico. You’ll be part of a small agile product team that is working to solve some of the industry’s most interesting challenges. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally as you solve, design, build, and ship solutions to our customers’ problems within Drip’s marketing automation platform. In addition to gaining experience in a rapidly evolving SaaS startup, you’ll also have a tremendous impact on the product: literally shaping and defining this new vertical. This role will work with Ruby on Rails.
Learn more about how our engineering and product teams work together: https://www.dripships.gold/
Some of your individual contributions will include:
- Collaborating on small, empowered teams to help discover, understand, and solve market and customer problems
- Tackling interesting and hard problems
Core traits we look for:
- A deep sense of ownership, customer-centricity, and proactiveness
- A bias for action and a tendency to optimize for velocity: both in terms of shipping product and knowing how to invest in our long-term velocity
- A growth mindset; you are constantly seeking to learn and grow and never say “That’s not my job”
- Effective communication skills: you are an approachable expert, you can effectively criticize PRs; you can effectively collaborate across disciplines and the organization
In addition to the above, you:
- Have worked with RoR
- Possess a deep knowledge of Rails, Golang, or another relevant ecosystem
- Are a proponent of sound engineering practices, including pair programming and automated testing
- Are energized by solving hard problems
- Know that we are successful if and only if our customers are successful; technology is a means to an end
- Are able to understand complex architectures and design simple ones that scale
Huge plus if you have experience with any of the technologies that we utilize:
- Ruby on Rails, Golang
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB
- Kinesis, SQSDocker, ECSCircleCI, CodeDeploy
The Software Engineering Interview Process
- Apply, nice to meet you!
- Recruiter Intro Phone Call - 30 min to learn about us and our culture
- Take Home Coding Assessment - 45 min
- Hiring Manager Video Call - 30 min
- Team Interview Video Calls - around 3 hours to meet a few members of the team. No live coding!
- Team Debrief, we share open feedback for the hiring manager's final decision. Regardless of the outcome, every candidate will get an update from Drip on their interview status quickly.
- Offer, we will call the candidate that we hope will be the next Dripster hire!
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay
- A fully-loaded MacBook Pro
- $500USD one time bonus to spend on your home office setup — whether it’s a new monitor or a new coffee machine, surround yourself with whatever brings you joy!
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make an impact and a difference
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted international team, who still finds time for fun
- We aren’t new to making remote crew members feel like part of the team!
- Finally, just good humans... no jerks!
Compensation: $4,500 - $6,000USD monthly
In order to create a space of trust with our crew, we publicize quite a bit, including compensation ranges. We select our initial range through national compensation survey data. And then factor in things like tenure, performance, and geographic location for each individual. Are you outside the range we’ve provided above? No problem. We encourage you to still apply, and provide us with your compensation expectations when you do. We’re big on open conversations, so, let’s have one.
Working for a successful early-stage tech company is something we consider to be a unique and exciting opportunity. As a part of the team you’ll work hard and encounter exciting challenges and adventures along the way. Our positions come with some pretty amazing advantages, opportunities, and fulfillment. So bring your best self and your strongest oars to the Drip crew boat, and we'll bring some pretty great stuff in return.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.
Does all of this sound like you?
Want to join us as we positively impact tens of thousands of passionate users and marketing professionals around the globe? Little ripples make big waves, so grab an oar and row with us.