We believe the world needs independent retail. Drip is the ecommerce marketing engine making it happen. Trusted by 27,000 marketers worldwide, we give retailers the tools they need to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. We do this through our guided marketing system that helps direct-to-consumer brands of all sizes market smarter and grow their business. Our SaaS platform has helped thousands of customers across the globe generate nearly $1 Billion in gross merchandise value since 2018. And we’re just getting started! We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product with teams in Minneapolis, Greater Salt Lake City, and beyond.
Working at Drip means empowering the ecommerce rebellion alongside some of the best people in the biz. We've worked hard to build an awesome company culture based on our 5 Guiding Principles that are more than just words on a wall (learn more: www.drip.com/about). Ready to empower the rebellion? Join Drip!
About the opportunity:
As an Associate Product Manager you’ll work within a larger Product team on a gorgeous product to ship production features to our tens of thousands of users. You’ll collaborate with your product management peers on product vision, and help to drive the discovery, customer empathy and assist in the execution for a specific set of Drip product capabilities. You’ll learn how to become the voice of our users - representing high-value problems for our product engineering teams to solve and provide value for our customers.
What else you’ll do:
Your day-to-day responsibilities will shift and grow, but to start with, you will...
Engage with the Product
- We don’t just copy, we innovate. You’ll work with the Product team to think deeply about problems, and their most elegant solutions, both short and long-term.
- What drives the future of ecommerce? Leverage your understanding of the eCommerce space to help pinpoint future integrations and emerging trends in the DTC space.
- Work to understand our customer’s product pain points by rolling up your sleeves and using Drip first hand.
- Favor data over opinion, no matter whose (i.e. including your own). And qualitative feedback from customers is also data.
Get Things Done
- For yourself and the agile engineering team you work with, organize efforts around ‘problems-to-be-solved’ instead of ‘features-to-be-launched’. Work with the engineering team to break these efforts into manageable chunks and craft the product stories (what problem are we solving, for whom, why). Favor pragmatism over process, every time.
- Write and talk, talk and write. Do both well. You may also put together the occasional presentation in support of your product area to help the product machine or engineering team understand a problem.
Empathize with our Customers
- You spend time talking with users and learn how to understand their businesses and challenges.
- Gather customer input from multiple channels, including in-person communication, industry conferences, focus groups, beta releases, surveys, feature requests, online reviews, and more.
- Digest and synthesize this feedback & research with the product team to support learning across the organization.
What you've done:
- Ideally, you have worked for an eCommerce Agency or DTC brand in a digital marketing capacity, helping to build and launch stores or marketing campaigns. Alternatively, you have a year of product experience working on or with a SaaS platform - just enough that you know you want to develop your product career.
- You have a passion for emerging DTC trends and a fire for independent retail.
- You have a desire to learn how to work with software developers and UX designers.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment or are committed to adapting and always learning.
Who you are:
- Being detail-oriented isn’t just a soundbite for you, but one of your genuine qualities.
- You can list your favorite DTC brands and their strategies from memory, and probably have a few opinions on what they’re doing wrong.
- What you don’t know, you’ll jump right in and learn. You’re not afraid to ask questions. Technology is your friend, not your foe.
- You never say “That’s not my job.”Self-starter, team player, and amazing problem-solver.
- You work well with others, with a strong desire to find the best solution to any problem.
- You work hard towards the simplest solution to accomplish the goal.
Who we are:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll bring some great stuff in return.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.