Software Engineering Lead
You must be located in or able to relocate to Salt Lake City, Utah for this position.
Who we are
Drip is the world’s first ECRM: an Ecommerce CRM that enables retailers to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. We believe the world needs specialty retail, and Drip is the platform that enables competition with the impersonal Ecommerce giants. We are well funded, growing super fast and building a beautiful product. We have offices in Minneapolis and Greater Salt Lake.
About the role
As a Lead Engineer on Drip’s email team you will build out a team focussed on high scale email deliverability. This will include using data science to improve email deliverability and protect reputation. Most importantly, you will be working arm in arm with a passionate group of people, in your team and across the organization, that strive to deliver a reliable and amazing experience to our customers every day. Contributions include:
- Building a team of engineers focused on maintaining integrity of our email operations
- Focusing on designing and implementing systems for scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability
- Build and improve advanced email features like email tracking and sequences
- Along with your team, ensure our deliverability services are operating reliably in production
- Train and mentor engineering and support team members in key elements of deliverability, email reputation and anti-abuse practices
- Work across teams to design and architect next generation services and systems
- Watching what you’ve made help your teammates create awesome value for our customers. That's what this is all about!
The role is based in the Salt Lake City area. We will offer relocation to Utah, which is home to world class skiing, mountain biking and climbing.
You’re a self-starter and hand on leader who loves technology. Others look to you to take the lead, regardless of whether you have current management responsibility - Player/coaches are welcomed at Drip! You have deep experience in building either complex SaaS applications or B2C sites. Ideally both, as our Drip engineering team stretches in both directions. You also have deep experience architecting scalable applications including micro-services and scaling and can mentor a team working developing these.
Our dream pick has:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science
- 5+ years experience in building SaaS or B2C systems, including 1+ years experience as a lead
- Not been a stranger to developing automated solutions for engineering problems
- Experience with modern technologies for building micro-services - Golang, Node.js, or other languages
- Experience working with relational and other database technologies
- Comfortability working on an Agile team
- Solid knowledge and standing within the email deliverability community
- The ability to troubleshoot inbound and outbound email performance
Why join us?
This is a great opportunity to build a new team in a successful, fast-growing venture-backed company. This person will help us dominate this new E-commerce category as an ECRM platform.
We consider working for a successful startup to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment! Bring your best self to the table and we’ll return the favor with:
- Very competitive pay, equity, and benefits with up to 100% company-paid premium
- Actual work/life balance with unlimited vacation
- 401k company match
- A flexible schedule
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note that residence in or relocation to Minneapolis or Salt Lake area Utah is our one non-negotiable
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team, who finds tons of time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
At Drip, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.