At Drip we believe the world needs independent retail. Thousands of ecommerce brands all over the globe trust Drip to build engaging and profitable relationships with their customers. Our ecommerce marketing automation platform has generated more than $1 billion in revenue for our customers since 2018. We do this by unleashing the power of direct-to-consumer brands’ customer data to deliver perfectly personalized email and SMS marketing strategies that are proven to grow their revenue. And we’re just getting started! We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product with crew members located around the US and in our Minneapolis Hub.
Working at Drip means empowering the ecommerce rebellion alongside some of the best people in the biz. We've worked hard to build an awesome company culture based on our 5 Guiding Principles that are more than just words on a wall (learn more: www.drip.com/about). Ready to empower the rebellion? Join Drip!
About the opportunity:
We’re looking for a Staff Accountant who is a highly motivated team player to be a critical member of the finance/accounting team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is able to tackle complex issues, provide exceptional customer service to the Drip team and balance the competing demands of our fast paced environment.
Some of your contributions will include:
- Participating in financial close activities including preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and bank reconciliations.
- Areas of focus include accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, and fixed asset schedules.
- Managing and posting year end accruals.
- Managing the company credit card program including importing expenses into the accounting system.
- Overseeing accounts payable duties (including monitoring approvals and contract management).
- Identifying ways to improve processes, implementing best practices to help us scale as we grow.
- Year end compliance includes issuing 1099s.
- Assisting with the annual financial statement audit.
- Maintaining a positive relationship and open communication with other departments.
- Assisting our amazing Drip team with any special projects as needed. As we are a growing startup, you will be able to grow and define this role in a way that aligns with your strengths and interests.
What You’ve Done:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
- You have 1 - 4 years of accounting experience.
- You have intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Office, especially Excel (and Google Sheets).
- You have been a key participant in the monthly close process in compliance with GAAP.
Who You Are:
- You’re a team player with a willingness to work within and with a dynamic team.
- You possess excellent communication skills and can comfortably communicate with team members at all levels.
- You’re a critical thinker with the ability to identify and communicate relevant issues for timely resolution.
- You possess a high level of integrity and professionalism when it comes to handling sensitive information (your nickname could be “The Vault”).
- Being detail oriented isn’t just a soundbite for you, but one of your genuine qualities.
- What you don’t know, you will jump right in and learn. You can teach yourself whatever you need to know and you are not afraid to go find solutions for difficult problems that come up. Technology is your friend, not your foe.
- Above everything else, you are a problem solver, not a problem creator. When questions crop up you have the answers and will dig deep to find them when you’re not 100% sure. You are not afraid to make a decision and will take full responsibility if the decision ends up being the wrong one.
- Did we mention that you must be detail oriented? :)
- You are organized, have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- You know how to manage your time and workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Huge plus if you have experience with any of these:
- Working in a high growth start up.
- Working in a hybrid environment, utilizing technology to bridge geographical distance between crew members.
- Auditing at a CPA firm.
- Experience with account reconciliations, particularly prepaid and accrued expenses.
- Experience with bank reconciliations.
- Experience with T&E expense reporting (Concur).
- Experience with Netsuite.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equityChallenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Digital first culture - we’re open to crew members working remotely or from our Minneapolis Hub
- Finally, just good humans...no jerks!
Compensation: $65,000 - $75,000 Annually
To create a space of trust with our crew members we make compensation ranges for each of our positions public. We select our initial range through national compensation survey data. Factors that impact salary are: tenure, performance and geographic location. If you are outside of this range, we encourage you to apply and also provide us with your compensation expectations.
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a unique and exciting opportunity. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll bring some great stuff in return.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.