We believe the world needs independent retail. Drip is the ecommerce marketing engine making it happen. Trusted by 27,000 marketers worldwide, we give retailers the tools they need to build personal and profitable relationships with their customers at scale. We do this through our guided marketing system that helps direct-to-consumer brands of all sizes market smarter and grow their business. Our SaaS platform has helped thousands of customers across the globe generate nearly $1 Billion in gross merchandise value since 2018. And we’re just getting started! We are well-funded, growing super fast, and building a beautiful product with teams in Minneapolis, Greater Salt Lake City, and beyond.
Working at Drip means empowering the ecommerce rebellion alongside some of the best people in the biz. We've worked hard to build an awesome company culture based on our 5 Guiding Principles that are more than just words on a wall (learn more: www.drip.com/about). Ready to empower the rebellion? Join Drip!
About the Opportunity
As a Senior Software Engineer at Drip, you’ll be part of a small agile product team that is working to solve some of the industry’s most interesting challenges. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally as you solve, design, build, and ship solutions to our customers’ problems within our cloud-native ECRM application. In addition to gaining experience in a rapidly evolving SaaS startup, you’ll also have a tremendous impact on the product: literally shaping and defining this new vertical.
Some of your individual contributions will include:
- Collaborating on small, empowered teams to help discover, understand, and solve market and customer problems
- Tackling interesting and hard problems
Core traits we look for:
- A deep sense of ownership, customer-centricity, and proactiveness
- A bias for action and a tendency to optimize for velocity: both in terms of shipping product and knowing how to invest in our long-term velocity
- A growth mindset; you are constantly seeking to learn and grow and never say “That’s not my job”
- Effective communication skills: you are an approachable expert, you can effectively criticize PRs; you can effectively collaborate across disciplines and the organization
In addition to the above, you:
- Possess a deep knowledge of Rails, Golang, Scala, or another relevant ecosystem and are able to work effectively with both object-oriented and functional languages
- Are a proponent of sound engineering practices, including pair programming and automated testing
- Are energized by solving hard problems
- Know that we are successful if and only if our customers are successful; technology is a means to an end
- Are able to understand complex architectures and design simple ones that scale
Huge plus if you have experience with any of the technologies that we utilize:
- PostgreSQL, DynamoDB
- Kinesis, SQS
- Ruby on Rails, Golang, Scala
- Docker, ECS
- CircleCI, CodeDeploy
- Elm, CoffeeScript, Flight
Who We Are:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled
- Please note that residence in or relocation to Minnesota is our one non-negotiable
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your best self to the table, we'll bring some great stuff in return.
Drip is an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We embrace diversity of perspective and ideas which leads to people’s growth, product innovation and ultimately a successful business.